Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Where is the best place on the beach to detect?

The answer to this question is quite simple - the place where there is gold:) Now finding that spot may not be so easy. This is especially true if you are not at the beach everyday looking at the sand and seeing what the ocean is doing. I surf and am at the beach at least 4-5 times per week. I watch the sand, weather, and currents. But I often hear that the best place to detect is on the wetsand but this isn't always true. I believe the water is the 'usually' the best place...and I only say that because its the least hunted. I never see anyone in the water at my beaches. It's literally just me. There will be 5 guys on the beach and only me in the water. It's an untapped place to detect in my area. But there is no reason that the dry sand is any worse of a place to detect than the water or wetsand. It all depends on what the sand is doing, time of year, etc. For example, if the beach is sanded in the water may be too and that means both the water and wetsand will be bad for detecting. When that happens I go on the dry sand and towel line. They key is reading the beach and then choosing a place to detect. But there is no best place...there is just a best place for today because tomorrow that best place might be terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment